Going green is one of the best thing one can opt for to contribute for the betterment of the global atmospheric conditions. We might think it is too difficult to go green but slowly making changes like a change a week can help you save lots of energy and further reduce your utility bills.
Living an entire year the greener way will not only reduce your carbon footprint but will also motivate people in your neighbor to do the same. Little changes make a big difference and that’s what you can practice when it comes to going green. Here are some points you can always look at in order to live the greener way.
1. Do not heat empty home during winters. Turn down the thermostat to 68 degrees F when you are at your place and 55 degrees F at night while you are away.
2. Personal computers at sleep mode do consume energy so always turn off your computer whenever you are done with your work. Also, you can take many other efficient steps to create and eco-friendly workplace.
3. Going for a long drive? Rent a hybrid car, as it has many benefits over others and you can also search web for eco-friendly travel tips.
4. If you have a fireplace at your home, use the fireplace ashes for compost piles.
5. Clean your refrigerator coils, vacuum out all the dust and wipe with a damp cloth.
Other points like covering your pool, using electricity efficient and energy-saving appliances etc. can always be kept in mind.